Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Osaka Castle

#traveltuesday

Some of the other places I checked out in Osaka:

The Osaka castle is at its colorful best during the spring season.  The castle was built as a display of power by Toyotomi Hideyoshi after he achieved his goal of unifying Japan.  It was completed in 1583, destroyed 32 years after and took 10 years to be rebuilt.  This castle is a symbol of Osaka's re-emergence as a great city after the World War II.  


Looks legit but this girl's just dressed up as a geisha here at the Matsugata square - a wall that protects the castle.


A view of the moat that surrounds the castle...



I didn't really feel like getting inside the castle.  So I just enjoyed a matcha ice cream sold at the stalls near the entrance as it was quite a long walk to reach the castle. Hehe :)


An attempt in framing the castle shot,


One of my favorite views right before I left the place



No comments: