Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Celestial Beauty

Was out on a date last night. On the way to our destination, we observed this beauty in the sky:


I got this pic on my FB wall, somehow someone was observing the very same nightsky too, but what me and my date saw actually was when the star was already within the circumference of the moon. Yep, that close. (If you look at it in a two-dimensional way of course!)

It was such a magnificent beauty to behold. Captivating! And again, I can't help but feel romantic at the very setting. Way romantic than observing glowing temples I believe. ;) But at the same time, I feel like it's giving a message to its observer particularly me.


I was like the star attempting to get close to the moon, but somehow there's just an insurmountable complications going on between them.


Like when we already reached the place we're supposed to go to about 30 mins after, the very same star was very well out of the moon. Way, way out. Sad. :( **


Anyways, my Google searching educated me that the event is referred to as Lunar Occultation - the passage of the moon, as it moves through the nighttime sky, in front of a celestial object, such as a star or planet. And that eclipse is commonly the misnomer for the said occurence. :)


Anyways, that was just me venting out. Have lots of post to catch up. And I just particularly wrote about this because of its conciseness. But I still hope it was just me thinking about the message. *sigh*


**Or perhaps, they give the same two-dimensional effect from a different angle.

No comments: