Wednesday, May 05, 2010

BKK Adventures: The Hostel

You know what guys?? What?? A louder WHHHHHAAAAAAAATTTTT please?? Haha!!! Okay. This Bangkok trip is my first official out of the country trip ALONE! And CONGRATUMALATIONS to me for making it happen!! WOOHOO!! PALAKPAKAN!! *clap, clap, clap* Hahaha!!!

I'm two parts boastful for making it alive amidst rallies and protests but of course it's still considered a BIG NO-NO and will be a MAJOR consideration in my future trips. But I'm still alive now so would you please exonerate me on that account??? Pretty, please??? I promise I will read more on news and current events and less Hollywood gossip on Perez moving forward. Pinky swear. :P LOL! Besides, I was just having a chillax time after my business trip in India. So yes, this holiday's airfare is sort of free. :P

I love how the company grouped us telco guys such that everybody has a company in going to India. The Indo guys joined those based in SG, those in the north HK & Taiwan came together and as for me, my connecting flight was in Bangkok. :)

One of the reasons why I enjoyed my stay in BKK is because of my hostel. It was already late when I booked it from hostelworld.com and it has the highest reviews in the said site. Didn't have much time to consult my Thai colleagues about the hostel's location since they were having a long holiday in Thailand the week before the training. All I know is that it has the highest ratings in the website and so I was sold.

This is the facade that greeted me and my Thai counterpart (Nam) who helped me reach the hostel around 7 AM. It's like a traditional Thai house in the 1950's according to the leaflet. :P Some soothing music was playing in the background when we arrived and there were some welcome refreshments for us.

I noticed that the very friendly personnel who received us was in barefoot so when I took off my flats (purple, if you must know :p) and stepped inside, I was already impressed with the hostel's cleanliness and orderliness! As in WOW! I actually had a bad impression about hostels the very first one of which was that we booked in HK earlier this January. :P But this is just too good to be true. I wasn't able to check-in yet (1 PM standard time) but they did allow me to stay in their PC room somewhere in the basement. FREE WIFI!!!! Great, I could use some work. Ugh, I thought to myself but some 30 mins after the same staff presented me with the good news that I can now check-in to a twin private room rather than wait for a single private room (the one which I really booked) which will only be available after lunch. Our boss already informed us that that Friday beforehand is already a holiday for us, so yes, I could really use some sleep! Flight from New Delhi was 1130 PM thank you very much. :))

Sorry that I wasn't able to take shots of the room prior to messing it up with my stuffs! Haha! I just checked a while ago that the rate I paid for single is actually more than the cost for this room but I just realized that the downgrade was a good idea. I could really use an extra bed for my stuffs. Specially after shopping trips like this one below, so yeah what you're seeing now is my actual shot! Hahaha!!
What I particularly love about this uhm let's just refer to it as an "upgrade" shall we? is that I have room for doing my pilates! Notice that space in between, it's where I put another towel and proceed with my work-out! Haha! Yeah I'm still health-conscious like that even abroad! :P
Attention to details. You will also love how some cute stuffs can be seen just around the house.

(a) colorful displays on the plants (b) a very cute handpainted doorpost (c) cute toys by the stairs and (d) some chinawares above the shoe rack. ;)

The only gripe Nam mentioned at the onset is the bathroom sharing which I noticed later on didn't pose any problems at all because there are a loooooot to use from - all of which are very very very clean and with again details such as the like below,


Their toilets is soooooooo well-kept the type that you'll be ashamed not to clean it yourself afterwards - well atleast that was the effect on me. Haha!

But my most favorite part of all was the terrace. Aaaaaah, I really like that frame hanging by the wall! I have a picture of me in there. ;)

Sorry I just exhausted you with too much details about the hostel, it's just that I was extremely satisfied with my stay here. And it's one factor when you're traveling alone right? The fun and character of your lodging that could make your stay enjoyable in a foreign place. And let us not forget the friendliness and kindness of the staffs, aww I can say that I miss them already. Most striking to me is how they patiently take my pictures (hahaha!! well what to do if you're alone abroad right?? :p) and take notice of details in my ensembles. Hihi. Speaking of which, my BKK fashion is up next. :) That's why I made a promise to them that I will be back there. :)

It is no wonder why this hostel was named as the Best Hostel in the World for 2009! =)

No comments: