- 8 megapixel auto focus camera with dual LED flash. Camera functions / modes include Smart Reader, Image Stabilizer, Auto-Panorama Shot, Smile Shot, Blink Shot, Wide Dynamic Range (WDR), and Face Detection. The camera can also capture video at VGA (30 frames per second) and QVGA (120 frames per second) resolutions. There's also on board software for editing images and videos (Movie Maker and Storyboard applications).
- Integrated GPS with support for A-GPS via S60.
- Optical sensor, this takes the form of a touch pad (as on laptops) like control in the centre of the D-pad. It can be used to move around the UI or as for 'mouse-like' functionality in the S60 browser. It has been used on a number of previous Samsung products such as the i870.
- Support for HSDPA at 7.2 bps (3.5G) connectivity on 900 and 2100 Mhz WCDMA bands, quad band GSM, Bluetooth 2.0 (including A2DP support), WiFi and USB 2 (Full-speed). WiFi will enable DNLA (UPnP) support for audio and video.
- 3.55 mm audio out jack, support for MP3, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, WMA (including DRM), AMR and RealAudio audio formats, stereo FM radio (with RDS) and DNSe audio technology. Digital Natural Sound engine (DNSe) is an audio enhancement technology used across a portfolio of Samsung products and helps to produce higher quality surround sound.
- In video playback supported formats include DivX, H.263, H.264, WMV, and MP4. Videos will also tke advantage of DNSe where applicable.
- 16GB of internal flash memory and a microSD card slot support cards up to 16GB in size (SDHC).- Will ship with 2 embedded games: FIFA 08 (EA) and Asphalt (Gameloft).
As you all know, the launch involved a very exciting "Samsung Ultimace Race" held in the morning and afternoon last September 11 where yours truly was one of the participants. :P It was a totally fun and exhausting race with the Samsung dealers, celebrities and media partners but I'll shush about it for now - until the pictures come out. Hehe.
After freshening up for a bit in Mandarin Hotel after the race, we went straight to the night affair at Blue Leaf in Taguig where the my two girls Angela and Joy were too excited to attend their first Samsung event. :D However, we were a bit disappointed with our hair and make-up (even if it's the most expensive cosmetics my face have ever experienced :P, I'd still prefer Eric from the last roadshow). There's not much to blog on the night event also as most of the "competitive" celebrities whom I've bonded with during the race didn't make it. Oh, daddy Gabby Concepcion was there. Hehehe. And as if it's not enough, Kuya Manny's pics were also not flattering. Hehehe. So we just decided to use our ever-reliable phones. :P This one's with Jenny. :)
Can you tell where was this taken??? It's in the hotel of course, in the bathroom no less. Addicts!!! Hahaha!!!
I'm already excited to start writing about the race. Haha!!