Wednesday, October 12, 2011

K-Drama Love: 49 Days


It’s been a while since I last posted anything about Korean drama in this blog.  Yes I do remember how gaga I was about Goong/ Princess Hours proof of which are the videos of it I made and posted in Youtube where I compiled all of my favorite scenes.   I can’t believe I have that ample time back then.  Haha!  Until now, I can still receive positive comments about them and I will always say if I have a peso for each view then I probably earned atleast 400k pesos from them.  Haha!

Recently, I got addicted to this drama being shown in the local channel – the title is Pure Love or 49 Days (so as not to confuse with another local show entitled 100 Days). 

Shin Ji Hyun was enjoying absolute bliss as she was about to marry her fiancé, Kang Min Ho, but her perfect life is shattered when she gets into a car accident that leaves her in a coma. She is given a second chance at life by a reaper, but it comes with a condition: she has to find three people outside of her family who would cry genuine tears for her. In order to do this, she borrows the body of Yi Kyung, a part-time employee at a convenience store for 49 days.



What intrigued me when it was debuted in the local TV (Tagalized version) was one of the main girl (Nam Gyu Ri/ Shin Ji Hyun) – she’s just too Barbie doll pretty how is that possible – was my initial reaction. :P  But then the time slot was too late so I had to forgo seeing it every night.  Until recently they moved the timeslot and was able to catch up on the story little by little until I wasn’t able to take it anymore I finished the whole thing in Youtube last weekend.


As to how the Korean would type it, T,T.  Waaaaaaaaah.  I cried river of tears for this I didn’t know what kind of make-up I would do to make my eyes look normal the next day.  LOL!  It has an unexpected plot too in the end which makes it a really really good drama to watch.  I don’t mind being a blubbering mess, sometimes it just feels good to have a really good cry.  Haha, what a drama queen. :P

Aside from a very good storyline, here are the other general reasons why Korean dramas are such a hit.  (1)  Too good looking actors and actresses.  Yes, I developed a crush for Han Kang (Jo Hyun Jae) in here. Haha!  (2)  Korean fashion.  Koreans are in my top list of best-dressed women.  The way they dress is always something to look out for. ^^ (3)  Their affectionate scenes are too wholesome and yet they’re FTW!  The romantic couple can show their love for each other by simply teasing each other and making all these faces and yet it all leaves us tickled pink inside.  Haha!  (4)  Their OSTs are great too.  I just downloaded the list of their songs and I think it’ll be officially my LSS (last song syndrome) for the week. 

And on watching it with just English subtitles is such a learning experience.  I was able to recall some of the useful Korean phrases I learned when I was still working for Samsung and prior to going to South Korea.  =)  It’s funny when Oppa Alex introduced me to his Chinese friend from HK and asked me to speak to him in Mandarin, I blurted out an expression in Korean instead.  Hahaha, funny that!  Learning languages is always fascinating. ;-)

Ok, for the last personal superficial note why I’ve come to love this drama.  The main star’s curly hair.  It’s the same as mine.  Hahaha!!  Walang kokontra!! :P


No comments: