Saturday, May 14, 2011

The Black Gloves

Sometimes when I think of concepts for errm, my photoshoot (italicized in such a way that my definition of it is relative..lol!), I just think of things that would look good with the dresses.  Take for example, the black gown I wore last April for a special religious occasion, I really really wanted it to be worn with gloves.

I think it was 4 years ago when I saw some velvety ones from a winter shop in Mall of Asia then I hesitated buying it.  And since I don’t get to go back to it often because of its not so strategic location with regards to my place, I try to find from some alternative shops instead but to no avail. *sigh*

Until one time came a flash bulb moment to go look for it in department stores, it warranted an unusual trip to Makati on a Saturday but I was successful to find it, not in SM (cue in their jingle, here at SM, we’ve got it all…..for you! lol!) but in The Landmark.

So, pronto!
I bought the gown in a bazaar right below the apartment we rented in Jakarta last year.  It’s cheap, costs about 1.5k only when converted to Php that’s why I got it. 

The location was set in my room in Hilton Guam.  The reason why I do shoots in hotel is because sometimes it can really get boring after work’s done and second, I love hotel room’s lighting. J

Now, on my flight back using Continental Airlines (they’re a member of Star Alliance but I’m not a fan of this airline overall), they were showing The Tourist.  I actually saw this film during last month’s long holidays and I didn’t realize I did channel Angelina in her black gown worn in a ball.  Tell me, how breathtakingly beautiful she is below? 

If that foreign dude beside me during the flight who was not so subtle taking too much effort doing small talk to me mentioned how beautiful she was right then and there, I could’ve engaged and swooned and waxed poetic (but that will make him gay noh? Hahaha!).  But since he was striking the wrong topics, all he got from me was a casual nod and sometimes a remote “yeah”. Hehehe.  After all, that seat was supposed to be vacant (as per checking through online check-in), and he only transferred during the last minute.  Hmpf.

But of course we all know that Elise (Jolie's name in the movie) was also channeling the original elegant style of Audrey Hepburn, no doubt about it.  So with the black gloves in possession, I'm just a few accessories away to Holly Golightly in Breakfast at Tiffany's. ;-)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Hilton Guam Resort & Spa! Excellent hotel. Great dress, too - loving the gloves accessory!

CaseyCakes said...

thank you... :) may I know who is this?