Monday, September 28, 2009

The Deluge

By now I’m sure that many of you are no stranger with what happened to Manila and the whole Luzon last Saturday. Think a month’s worth of rain came pouring down in just a day! My Tita was recalling to me what she saw in the streets yesterday when she went to work. She was soooo scared she remembered the Deluge in Noah’s Day and she kept on praying for her dear life.

I am very thankful that we live in a sturdy house and we’re safe. No one was out except for my kuya who preferred to stay put in his office. I often complain about this area we live in but I realized I should be grateful we were not hit with 6-ft flood like most of you have seen in some media sites. My friend in Oz told another Filipino friend about what happened and that friend assumed her family is safe because they live in a rich village but you see, typhoon Ondoy did not make an exception of the rich and the poor. I have a rich friend their two cars got submerged in the flood in their area. :(

Our Saturday dinner was a mixture of leftover and I can only be thankful as I think about the families who lost their houses, means of living, loved ones even due to the calamity. :( The least we can do is to say a little prayer for them. (-,-)

And remember, if we can offer more than just a prayer,

Prov 3:27

"Do not hold back good from those to whom it is owing, when it happens to be in the power of your hand to do [it]. "

2 comments:

Nivek said...

I'm so glad that you and your family are safe and sound. I hope Lisa is too. I'll say a prayer for your continued saftey in this unfortunate event.

I'm in New York now visiting my parents for their 39th anniversary and my best friend's wedding. I just am amazed at how green it is here compared to the brown in CA.

Take care!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Kev!

Wow, nice celebrations! Well at least its green and not watery unlike here now.. :)

TC too.

- KC