Sunday, July 01, 2007

Back to Movie House: TRANSFORMERS

Congratulations to me for having been able to make it to the cinema house yesterday. Believe it or not, my last movie infront of the big screen was Superman. Blimey!

You all must be agog after hearing this knowing that regular passes at a regular interval was given to us as privilege.** Again, believe it or not, I haven’t really consumed any of it.

My regular movie house days was to be but of course during the “in a relationship” status and having a work back at Intel can be a totally understandable ground for missing it often. (Intel folks can relate to this or is it just my single status?) And now that I’m back in the city, I just can’t quite get my head round this. I mean, here you are announcing to the whole wide world that you’ve got tickets for treat and they simply ignore you. I guess after some 2.5 years, people have changed. They’ve become busier. =(


Anyways, the half-day Saturday work made it easy for me to use ‘em this time. I managed to haul Mike and Lisa from Greenbelt at Makati to Promenade in Greenhills just so I can prepare more for my report. (It’s easier when you’ve got free tickets as bribe.) I got on top of everything in the morning and checked the schedules of showing, 2:30 it is. After 30 mins, I called up again to verify the details and hopefully make some reservations when one fact suddenly hit me: “They have a special instruction not to allow movie passes for one week.”

It would have been easy to give way to bitching considering the fact that they didn’t any mention any policy like this in the pass. It only states that it’s not valid for sneak previews, advanced and invitational screenings. But instead, I just spoke with an air of authority and told them I’ll call again when the manager is back after lunch. I wasn’t able to ring them again.

Fastforward to the cinema. It’s all of us’ first time to watch in Promenade. Honestly, TRANSFORMERS is not really my cup of tea. I can’t remember watching it when I was a kid. But I have to say the movie is a real KICK-ASS!! Astig pare!! :D Funny also. But again, it’s one heavy drama for Lisa due to poor Bumblebee. (Mike and I made sure to make fun of this while heading outside.)

Gosh, I already forgot how great it is watching on big screen. Way way greater than watching it on a DVD or VCD back at home alone. I might start to plan for this often. Perhaps exert more effort in finding a date.

Now I totally understand why the new policy was created. And in hindsight, I’m glad I didn’t bitch about the tickets. But they’re still with me though and will already expire tomorrow. And one thing is for sure, they will remain UNUSED!! Aaaaarrrgggghhhhh!!!!


**Check this article: I Need A Date

No comments: