Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Dubai Mall and the Fountain Show

#traveltuesday





Last week I talked about the tallest building in the world and the magnificent centerpiece of Downtown Dubai - the Burj Khalifa here. How do you get there? You actually have to get to Dubai Mall, the world's largest shopping mall. It's not that bad right? Hitting two of the world's -est - tallest and largest in one go, haha! It is also very accessible for tourist via the Metro where I made a tourist blunder of getting inside a gold ticket holder car. Uhmm, so they have a special ticket pass for the rich. Yay! I was so relieved I wasn't caught. Haha!


How big is the world's largest shopping mall? Let this video give you an overview of one area. I actually lost my bearings here (what else is new? haha) and had no choice but to stop for a while and take a video. Lol! I mean I like shopping but I'm not really a fan of big malls - even if they brag about this "Fashion Avenue Entrance" and a special Fashion parking level to assure seamless visitor experience. Lol!

A video posted by @cassey_cakes on

The mall houses Dubai Aquarium - which is again another record holder for the largest acrylic panel. Sila na talaga, haha! It would've been fun to try diving with that shark behind...hehe



Around 6 PM, I stationed myself on the 30-acre Burj Khalifa lake to watch the fountain show designed by creators of the Fountains of Bellagios in Vegas where the water shoots as high as 500-ft. It's listed as the top attraction in Tripadvisor to my surprise. I mean I enjoyed the show but I have my personal favorite in Dubai which I will blog about in the future. :)




Catch the full show below. :) I believe they hold three different schedules with different music per night. 




No comments: